August 16-September 15, 2008
Last Issue: July 16-August 15, 2008
Insurer Must Defend All Claims
If Any Is Covered by Policy
Carrier is not required to cover legal fees
incurred before claim was tendered by insured
Full Article (free)
Ready Reference Page - No. 106
New “Core Form” Presents
Revised Look for Nonprofit Finances – Part V
Section on compensation requires careful reading of definitions
to determine who and how much must be disclosed
Free Preview | Full Article
- "This Year" Notebook Available
- Talk with the Editor, December 10, 2008
To the Point
I am an Assistant Treasurer of a charity and write the acknowledgement letters for contributions. I was under the impression we were required by law to give an acknowledgement. Is this a fact? I thought if the contribution were under $75, no acknowledgement was necessary. However, even if the gift is $5, I would acknowledge it.
Lessons from Litigation Full Article
- Are donor names pubic information?
- Thrift store not liable for parking lot attack
- Donors’ son can’t recover property from Foundation
Tax Matters Full Article
- Provena Hospitals lose real estate exemption
Employment Law Full Article
- Court rejects “joint employer” claim under FMLA
- Nonprofit’s confidentiality policy violates NLRA
Weekly question and answer
Notice of each full edition
and its free stories
Report on 501(c)(3) electioneering
What our readers say about Nonprofit Issues
Once again you've tackled a tricky question and explained it so we all can understand the issue.--M.V.
Thank you for your informative and keen advice on nonprofit matters. I believe its a unique and concise place to get answers to this often wispy area called nonprofit. --R.T.