Charities raising funds through special events or other activities that involve sponsorships, auctions, lotteries, or thank-you gifts must deal with a variety technical legal requirements in advertising, calculating, and acknowledging the money. This webinar will review those rules so that charities can comply with the interlocking requirements. It will cover:
- charitable solicitation registration
- hidden issues in fundraising events
- waivers, releases and indemnification
- liquor liability
- substantiation and "quid pro quo" acknowledgments
- charity auctions and their special rules for valuing contributions
- sponsorship rules distinguishing contributions from advertising
- lotteries and sweepstakes
- Form 990 reporting for special events
For a comprehensive list of special concerns for your next fundraising effort, join us for an in-depth look at the rules that affect your work. Some of them may surprise you.
What is a webinar? A webinar is primarily a telephone conference call. We'll send you a phone number and access code to join the program. You can participate alone or gather people around your conference phone and ask your questions. In addition to the audio portion, you can also follow along on-line as we review a PowerPoint presentation.
Tish Mogan, Standards for Excellence Director, from the Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations will serve as program moderator. This program is offered in partnership with PANO.
Participants will receive a package of materials from Nonprofit Issues® and will have the opportunity to ask questions during the presentation.
This program is approved to provide continuing legal and continuing professional education credits for lawyers and accountants in Pennsylvania.
Subscribers must be logged-in to receive this discount.