This program was recorded on February 12th, 2019
This presentation addresses the art and science of drafting bylaws. Well-written and formulated bylaws help shape power relationships within a nonprofit organization; provide unambiguous procedures to prevent disputes; and reduce the risks of litigation. Bylaws should provide answers, not raise questions.
Listeners will gain clarity on procedural issues.
• Understand the relationship to articles of incorporation.
• Learn whether you should be a "membership" organization.
• Determine whether your bylaws answer the question: "whose organization is it?"
• Learn how to deal with ex officio directors.
• Learn how to deal with term limits.
• Learn how to deal with board committees.
• Learn the critical issues in removal clauses.
In a line by line review of sample articles of incorporation and bylaws, you will learn how to avoid aspirational language, inconsistent language, passive tense and ambiguities. Participants can raise their questions for immediate answers.
You will take home articles of incorporation and bylaws "annotated" with explanatory comments. You will also take home sample forms that work!
This program is sponsored in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations.
To purchase just the webinar - add the product to the cart below.
Subscribers must be logged-in to receive this discount.