How do you gain the confidence of the people you work with in the nonprofit world – from donors and collaborators to public officials and even your own employees?
For many, the answer may be as simple as following clear, straightforward policies. Nonprofit Issues editor Don Kramer and PANO Standards for Exellence Director Tish Mogan will discuss how the following five policies can help inspire confidence in the many important stakeholders who keep the wheels of nonprofit missions turning:
· Gift Acceptance Policies – These can help guide decisions around what types of gifts an organization will/won’t accept, what they have the capacity to handle, and how to answer borderline questions. Can also be helpful in…
o Diffusing donor disappointment (e.g., the donor offering their extensive beer bottle collection that is of no use to your organization)
o Smoothing the process of landing appropriate gifts
· Donor Privacy Policies – These help ensure donor anonymity for those who don’t want any publicity and/or do not wish for their contact information to be shared.
· Strategic Partnership & Joint Venture Policy – This can help an organization…
o Think through the type of entities with whom they will partner
o Consider what issues might arise during a collaboration
o Cut short unproductive conversations
o Ensure there is a process in place for due diligence
o Increase the likelihood of success in working with others on a specific project – especially in today’s day and age where collaboration is all the rage!
· Social Media Policies – These are critical in our increasingly digital world and may help determine…
o What employees may say online on behalf of the organization vs on their own time
o How employees may identify themselves online
o What speech is legally protected
o What may be grounds for termination
· Policy on Public Policy – Sound strange? It’s not! This helps a nonprofit:
o Develop its positions on public policy advocacy
o Assure it is actually representing its members/constituents
o Speak with one, unified voice when taking a position
Participants will receive a package of materials from Nonprofit Issues®.
Pennsylvania CPE & CLE credit is available for this program.
This program is presented in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations.
To purchase just the webinar - add the product to the cart below.
Subscribers must be logged-in to receive this discount.