Uninsured Expand Class Action Claims For Charity Care Against Nonprofit Hospitals
Suits allege that seeking higher fees from uninsured breaches contract resulting from tax exempt status
Trying to Remove Executive Director
Court says Director Protection Act does not apply when directors were acting outside of their authority
Court of Appeals Reverses Trial Court, Rules Medical Waiver Ineffective
Judges say that Virginia has more substantial interest and follows state law in invalidating exculpatory language
Ready Reference Page
Charities Respond to Senate Committee With Varied Views on Proposed Reforms
Consensus seems to support additional funding for IRS to enforce present regulations
Thursday with the Editor, August 26, 1:00 ET
Each One Gets One
To the Point
I have been concerned about a drop in my church's endowment...What can I do?
Lessons from Litigation
- President does not have unlimited authority
- Who is precluded from suing by charitable immunity?
- IRS allows taxpayers to allocate contributions to U.S. source income for foreign tax credits
- Halfway house is not “subsidized housing”
- Off-duty remarks not grounds for denying unemployment comp
- Small contribution leads to employee dismissal
Say That Again?