Jury May “Pierce Corporate Veil” Of Nonprofit to Recover from Founder
Liability was imposed when foundation was “alter ego,” undercapitalized, and failed to follow formalities
Surviving Nonprofit May Enforce Contract Rights Of Entity That Merged
Hospital may enforce indemnification agreement of nursing services provider for merged hospital
Court Grants Cy Pres for Trust To Fund Relocated Public Garden
City destroyed garden for revitalization project, but will get benefit of funds for another site
Private Foundations May Participate In Combined Federal Campaign
Court rules that Administration may not limit eligibility to public charities
Nonprofit Law YOU Need to Know
Are small “quid pro quo” gifts fully deductible?
Where can I report for-profit “charitable” arm?
- This Year in Nonprofit Law
- Thursday with the Editor, November 8
To the Point
Can an employee serve on a private nonprofit corporation board of directors?
Lessons from Litigation
- When does organization become independent?
- Which members can incorporate church?
- Is it worth the effort to file correct tax return?
- IRS really wants FICA taxes from medical residents
- Employee not protected for exercising free speech
- Who can be defendant in discrimination case?
Say That Again