Acceptance of Premiums Defeats Insurer’s Effort to Rescind
Subsequent notice of termination said policy would remain in effect until expiration
Museum May Sue Directors For Breach of Fiduciary Duty
Same person signed agreement as officer on behalf of both parties to the transaction
Alumni Lack Standing to Sue To Prevent University Affiliation
Granting NYU rights as sole member of Polytechnic, leading to merger in 5 years, does not violate N-PCL
Nonprofit Law YOU Want to Know
May nonprofit buy from director’s company without bids?
Are Directors Emeritus a good idea?
Deduction for website work?
Is theater company eligible for exemption?
Who enforces rules for parent-teacher group?
- Kramer to summarize “Climate of Philanthropy”
- Talk with the Editor, April 29, 2009
To the Point
What is needed to make a gift restricted?
Lessons from Litigation
- Trustee of revocable trust has duty to inform beneficiaries
- Stock corporation qualifies for nonprofit immunity
- VFW not “in business of” selling alcohol
- Director of EO exams may not start church inquiry
- Church space leased to school is exempt from real estate tax
- Two women denied promotion lose bias claims on termination
- Woman wins harassment claim despite failure to report problems
- Striking nurses able to collect unemployment comp during strike
Say That Again