Nonprofit Panel Recommends Changes To Improve Transparency, Accountability
Proposals include new legislation, new regulations, and improvements to best practices for organizations
Foundation and Executive Liable For Failing to Make Promised Grant
Court affirms $477,000 default judgment, including $100,000 in punitive damages
Court Says Foundation Has Standing To Sue to Enforce Conditions on Grant
Donor may either enforce condition subsequent or assert reversionary interest in charitable trust
Risk and Reward
Protect Your Mission by Preparing for the Worst
- November 29, 2005. Save the Date.
- Thursday with the Editor, July 14
To the Point
I incorporated a not-for-profit organization and appointed 3 other
members to the board. Those directors now are trying to reshuffle and
gain more power. What can I do?
Lessons from Litigation
- Court disregards nonprofit form of corporation
- Operating charity may receive bequest despite bankruptcy
- House Committee holds hearings on easements
- Court enjoins former employee from filing claims
Say That Again?