Does Gift to “Foundation” Show Charitable Intent?
Court says term is ambiguous and trial court should hear testimony
Donor Not Liable For Grantee’s Infringement of Trademark
Fundraising consultant, member of Board also dismissed when no allegation of direct action
Supreme Court Won’t Hear Claim Against Pastor Who Is Also Counselor
Judges reverse appellate decision allowing case for breach of confidentiality in marriage counseling
Trust Beneficiary Forced to Arbitrate Some, Not All, Issues with Brokers
Court allows separate litigation of claims based on actions outside the scope of contracts containing arbitration clause
Nonprofit Law YOU Need to Know
Is there precedent for personal purchase with charity funds?
Must we register if we do Internet solicitations?
- Kramer to teach in Penn Certificate Programs
- Save the Date – November 15, 2007
- “This Year in Nonprofit Law”
- Thursday with the Editor, September 13
To the Point
I formed a nonprofit company in one state and am now getting my MFA in another state on the other side of the country. Can I "move" my nonprofit company to the new state or do I have to start a new one?
Lessons from Litigation
- Community Foundation may compel transfer of trust
- Director wins fiduciary duty defense on summary judgment
- An offer too good to be true, was
- Tax credit housing denied exemption
- Unpaid minister’s expenses not deductible
- Access easements are exempt from real estate tax
- Hospital’s roller skating rink not exempt
- May striking workers collect unemployment comp?
Say That Again