Court Expands Standing Rules When Attorney General Has Conflict
New York Court permits Blue Cross subscribers to sue, but dismisses claims to stop conversion to for-profit
Court Upholds Bylaw Requirement For Approval of 2/3 of Members to Sue
Case against developer is dismissed when Association fails to obtain votes from membership
Animal Welfare Providers Have No Standing To Contest Humane Society’s Pledge of Trust Assets
Indiana Court rejects multiple claims of special interest in denying request to intervene in court proceeding
Behind the Numbers
Perform a Mini-Assessment of Your Financial Department
- Interested in Reprinting Items from Nonprofit Issues?
- Thursday with the Editor, July 28
To the Point
I would like to use an online store to sell items for a profit so that we may raise funds. Should I be concerned about tax problems connected to our income?
Lessons from Litigation
- Court dismisses state law claims by uninsured patients
- What standard of practice applies to nursing home medical director?
- Nonprofit intermediary not eligible for governmental immunity
- IRS issues final rules on allocating contributions
- to U.S. source income for foreign tax credits
- Leasehold income precludes exemption for property
- Executive director personally liable for FLSA violations
- "Touchy feely” agency may be sued under Title VII
- Public policy exception to termination of at will employee does not protect objector to false information for donors
Say That Again?