Business Judgment Rule Protects Some, But Not All, Directors
Court allows suit to proceed against director who allegedly had personal interest in Board’s decision
May Donors Control Account Holding Their Gift to Charity?
Court finds no violation of 501(c)(3) rules and dismisses complaint against donors, board
What a Difference A Name Makes
Parties dispute whether hospital properly named division and is entitled to endowment pledge
Ready Reference Page - No. 106A
New “Core Form” 990 Presents Revised Look for Nonprofit Finances--Part I
Page 1 shows 2-year comparison, gives space to promote mission of the organization
- Save the Date. “This Year in Nonprofit Law” November 20, 2008
- Thursday with the Editor, August 7
To the Point
Can we use building fund for retirement pay?
Lessons from Litigation
- Potential beneficiaries agree to split bequest
- Does insurance deductible apply per storm or per building?
- Historic museum qualifies for state exemption
- Gift shop, meeting rental areas exempt from state tax
- Finger-biting security officer may be dismissed
- Court may hear retaliation claim by physician against hospital
Say That Again