Indemnification Clause in Contract Provides Phantom Protection for City
Nonprofit’s commitment to name City as additional insured, defend, and indemnify fails against claim of intentional misconduct
Is Person Who Signs Contract Personally Liable?
Court denies summary judgment to dismiss case against woman who signed d/b/a School
Is Fire Insurance Good When Premium Bounces?
Carrier sent notice of reinstatement subject to collection, but payment was dishonored two days after the fire
Nonprofit Law You Want to Know
Can PILOTS be required?
Who should be protected by whistleblower policy?
Is organization responsible for President’s contract?
Is donation deductible?
Association Members Get Discounts
Talk with the Editor, September 24
To the Point
Our for-profit organization would like to host an event to raise funds for a charity. What is the legal percentage/portion of the proceeds that should be donated to the organization for it to be considered a charitable event?
Lessons from Litigation
- Law firm not disqualified from suing former client
- Right to ban aid to terrorist groups affirmed
- Contributions not “necessary expenses”
- Exec, fired for row over pay approved by Board, has no discrimination claim CEO may sue for retaliation by Board chair
- Meeting with pastor not protected in religious bias case
Say That Again