As nonprofits begin to get back to more "normal” modes of operations, from changes in governance to changes in legal requirements, it has been a tumultuous year for nonprofit legal issues. Join Nonprofit Issues® editor Don Kramer for his annual review of the year in nonprofit law.
Here are some of the topics Don will discuss:
- New concerns about governance.
- Funding reaction to COVID.
- A changed attitude toward nonprofits in Congress.
- Donor Advised Funds, where courts continue to uphold rights of sponsors while critics propose significant new legislation to speed up distributions to operating charities.
- Charitable solicitation law, where Schedule B can no longer be required for registration and California begins the process of regulating “Fundraising Platforms.”
- The status of organizations under siege, like the National Rifle Association and the Boy Scouts of America.
- The role of a “Corporation Sole” in the nonprofit world.
- An expansion of the “ministerial exception” in employment law.
- The definition of a “disqualified person” in an excess benefit case.
- A limitation on a waiver and release for a charity bike ride.
- Cases in which the structure of the organization did not properly answer the question of Whose Organization Is It?
- Continued issues of standing to sue a nonprofit.
- The inability of a Pennsylvania city to impose a business privilege tax on nonprofits.
- The continued expansion of nonprofit journalism. And much more.
Nonprofits of all types and sizes are welcome to participate, join the discussion with your own comments or questions.
Tish Mogan, Standards for Excellence Director for the Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations, will be the program facilitator.
While we typically encourage people to watch/listen to the presentation in a group setting, we understand that isn't currently possible. We are offering special discount pricing for multiple participants. Registrants must pay one full registration ($89/$75.65 for subscribers), they can then add up to 5 people for the flat rate of $20 for the group. To add additional attendees, please call our office to make arrangements 1-888-NP-Issue.
Can't attend the live event? Buy the program recording before December 16th and we'll give you a discount.
To purchase just the webinar - add the product to the cart below.
Subscribers must be logged-in to receive this discount.